Thursday, March 13, 2008

Leaving Indonesia and Saying Goodbye

This is our last week in City-J. We had to say goodbye to all the prison inmates who are part of our English classes today. It was actually a bit sad for us. Normally during our lesson we break into smaller groups of 4-6 men to practice what we learned. In that time you stay with the same group of guys and get to know them. I was actually able to speak through a translator with some of the guys that I help with and ask them questions like, what are your plans when you get out and do you have any families or children? They asked me similar questions like what I'll be doing when I get home.

I've been thinking of that question more and more. I know I'll probably take a temp-job soon after I get back to California. There's also a girl that I was getting to know before I came to Perth Australia and we've talked about seeing each other more when I come back. I'll be reconnecting with friends and family. In terms of a career there has been something on my mind lately. I want to think and pray about it more before I announce it to anybody but I feel excited about it.

This Saturday we'll be having a party for all of those people who worked with us during our stay here. It is a very diverse group of people that include pastors, church staff workers, translators, and non-Christian contacts like our friend from the prison that we work with. We'll be using this Sunday to pack and tonight we're all actually going to a burger joint to celebrate another team mate's birthday. The best thing about this restaraunt is kareoke! Some of us took the night of our freeday to go to this place and sang an hour and a half worth of songs.

This will be my last entry from Indonesia. Next stop Australia!

No comments: